Today I learnt about music :
- I looked at different types of music:
- Hip- Hop
- Types of main ways I listen to music :
- Out loud on speakers
- On headphones / earphones
- Download them off youtube converter
- Streamed music off youtube
- I listen to music in SOUNDCLOUD because it has high quality and also has some WAV’S aswell.
- There are also other online music players like :
- WAV’S -Though a WAV file can contain compressed audio, the most common WAV audio format is uncompressed audio in the linear pulse code modulation (LPCM) format. LPCM is also the standard audio coding format for audio CD’s, which store two-channel LPCM audio sampled 44,100 times per second with 16 bits per sample. Since LPCM is uncompressed and retains all of the samples of an audio track, professional users or audio experts may use the WAV format with LPCM audio for maximum audio quality. WAV files can also be edited and manipulated with relative ease using software.
- MP3 Player -is an audio coding format for digital audio which uses a form of lossy data compression, which are data encoding methods that use inexact approximations and partial data discarding to reduce file sizes significantly, typically by a factor of 10, in comparison with a CD, yet still sound like the original uncompressed audio to most listeners. Compared to CD quality digital audio, MP3 compression commonly achieves 75 to 95% reduction in size. MP3 files are thus 1/4 to 1/20 the size of the original digital audio stream. This is important for both transmission and storage concerns. The basis for such comparison is the CD Digital Audio format which requires 1411200 bit/s. A commonly used MP3 encoding setting is CBR 128 kbit/s resulting in file size 1/11 (=9% or 91% compression) of the original CD-quality file.
Click here to view my youtube playlist.I put 10 song in it. A Screenshot will be below:
This screenshot was taken off the iMac.
This screenshot is made of my phone.