Today I was learning about Digital Video .
Video is the recording of moving visual images. A camcorder is used to record a video. A camcorder captures lots of still images, or frames, every second. The number of images depends on the FPS.
Tips on before we begin recording video:
- You should have a tripod just incase you might need it, it helps the videos to be more still with less movements and less shaking, it will have more balance and the videos will come out more smooth.
- The videos should come out Landscape because most of the people like to see the full size video on the Youtube player screen.
- The video should not be in zoom because it reduces video quality and the video will come out very shaky and the focus will be bad quality as well.
There are two different types of lighting:
- Natural Light – sun or moon light
- Artificial Light – light boxes, led strings, sealing lights, gels, light that is bounced of white cards.
Its very important to ask for permission off people to take a video because it might offend them or make them aggressive thats going to cause trouble.
For interviewing someone you need checks to make beforehand:
- Spare SD cards
- Spare batteries
There are three main types of shots:
- Full : A full shot shows the entire subject’s body from body from head to toe.
- Medium : A medium shot shows the subject from about the hips or waist up.
- Close : A close shot, also called a “Close Up”, focuses on the subject’s face, showing the head,neck, and a bit of the shoulders.
The rules of thirds is really important, not just in video, but in photography, painting architecture….. Check the video above.
You can just select your video on the camera as you would a photo and hit play, although, if you’ve got sound in there as well, you might as well put it onto a computer and listen back trough headphones.
There are 3 roles:
In the pictures below there are examples of full, medium and close-up shots.
White balance : is the process of removing unrealistic colour.
Frame rate : is the frequency at which consecutive images called frames are displayed in an animated display.
Focus : its to concentrate on the object you are taking a picture of and blurs out the objects in the background.
The next step is to interview someone into a quiet room, signs should be put outside the door so people don’t walk in and make sure they don’t make noise, after its recorded the SD card should be connected to the pc and take out the interview and put on youtube.
Digital Video Camera Maintenance :
- Lens cap
- A bag to put it on
- Strap to put it around the neck
- spare SD cards
- Spare batterie
Digital Video Camera Accessories :
- Separate mic ( with cable )
- SD card and spare
- Batterie spare