Today I have learnt photography basics for example :
- Briefly how a camera works
- The advantages of digital cameras over film cameras
we also learnt about why SD cards are efficient :
- You can easily take pictures of the SD card to your pc
- Its portable and you can fit it in your pocket
SD cards are also very fragile and they can break easily .
We did the introduction to the camera where we were taught how to remove the battery , SD card and how to put them back in also putting the camera on the tripod and putting the battery to charge .
We learnt how digital cameras are used to support the training in the centre and we gave examples like :
- group photos
- portrait photos for college applications
- evidence of work
- recording skills demo
We learnt how to keep a camera safe and how to clean it
- we use silicon gel (to keep the camera away from moist )
- cleaning supply (to clean lens , the mirror inside , screen )
- lens cap (to keep the lens safe from scratches )
- soft bag (to prevent additional damage to the camera if the bag drops )
we learnt 3 different lenses :
- telephoto lens (these lenses are for taking long distance pictures )
- fisheye lens (For taking round pictures that are 180 degrees )
- wide-angle lens (the exaggeration of relative size can be used to make foreground objects prominent and streaking )
- micro lens (for very small things like a bug )
Also pictures were provided with different pictures taken with the fisheye , wide angle lens and telephoto .
we also learnt about time lapse and stop motion and provided with video :
We also learnt Photo Taking Tips :
- Get close – Use your legs !
- Low or High Angle
- Place the main subject off-centre
- Horizon line – not in the middle
we also did the symbols for Timer , Battery , Delete , USB , Power , View/play
We did a Photography Project on light painting :
I have done 3 pictures with it